Instructions: Use the letters after the clues (information that helps you to fi nd the answers) to make words about sports.
Then, use the letters in the yellow boxes to make another word, also about sports, for number 12.
1. a place where you can swim (OPLO)
2. run against other people to try to finish first (ACRE)
3. hit something with your foot (IKKC)
4. activity where two people or teams play against each other (CTMHA)
5. moving over snow with long flat thin pieces of plastic or wood (KIGSNI)
6. stop something moving through the air with your hand (ATHCC)
7. the person who finishes first in a game (RNIEWN)
8. a game where two teams of eleven hit a small ball with long pieces of wood (COEYKH)
9. moving your body through water (MIINWSMG)
10. send something through the air using your hand (WHORT)
11. what you use in tennis to hit the ball (CTERKA)
12. several games or sports played in a period of time for a prize
To find more English language activities visit www.britishcouncil.org/learnenglish
Send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org (Answers will be out next Firday)